The story of a dream come true
The history of Cantabria Labs is the story of a dream come true thanks to the effort, dedication and entrepreneurship of the people and family that make up this pharmaceutical company with a close spirit but an important international dimension.
- Difur: first steps in dermatology
- Acquisition and strategic reorientation of 100% of Industrial Farmacéutica Cantabria.
- Agreement for the distribution of Neostrata in Spain and development of its products adapted to some markets.
- Discovery and patent of oral photoprotection in collaboration with Havard University.
- AM3® patented technology
- Creation of Isolagen Europe, company specialised in high-tech autologous cell cultures.
- The international division is born.
- Creation of the export department due to growing demand.
- Divestment in generic products (UR) and release of resources to centre the activity on dermatology.
- Incorporation of Difa Cooper, Italian laboratory established in 1959, and expansion of the vademecum with state-of-the-art ingredients, technologies and products.
- Acquisition of the Brazilian dermatological company Melora do Brasil S.A.
- Divestment in the general pharmaceutical business and acquisition of new rights and patented technologies in dermatology such as RetinSphere and RTF1.
- Acquisition of 95% shares of HDP, the Belgian dermal-cosmetic distribution company.
- Creation of Gourmetceuticals LLC, to enter the American market of ingredients and foodstuffs for human and veterinary consumption.
- Agreement with Ferndale Labs: increase of activities in North America and consolidation of Heliocare® Oral.
- Introduction of Fernblock® in the American market.
- Launch of the patent of a new molecule to contribute to stem cell regeneration.
- Consolidation in the Iberian peninsula with Cantabria Labs Portugal.
- Purchase of the dermatology portfolio of Sirton Medicare
- Purchase of rights of new technology for alopecia, acne, hyperpigmentation and photoaging.
- Implementation of the RIO product of Operative Excellence, based on the study and improvement of all the operating processes of the company.
- Purchase of the trichology portfolio from Fitológica.
- RetinSphere® patented technology.
- Diversification of the offer of products and solutions with optimisation of the use of its own ingredients in special medical foodstuffs.
- Specialisation in products for clinical nutrition (oncology, radiotherapy and geriatrics) with Nutrición Médica.
- Investment of Prokrea BCN, biotech company specialised in pharmaceutical products for fertility treatment.
- Participation in Cre100do, initiative by the Bankinter Innovation Foundation, for growth potential.
- Reincorporation of Inmunoferon® to the vademecum after eight years of exclusion.
- Introduction in Spain of ZO Skin Health, medical cosmetics.
- Creation of Cantabria Labs Morocco and rollout of the development and expansion plan in the African market.
- Creation of a specialised sales network for the pharmacy channel.
- Diversification to reach paediatrics (Inmunoferon) and otolaryngology.
- 20 year licensing agreement with Krymi Laboratori.
- Approval for the production of NSF nutraceutical supplements.
- Entry in Histocell, a specialist company in regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
- Purchase of 60% of Avance Cosmetics and opening of a new retail channel.
- Launch of Edafence® patented technology based on the plant Deschampsia antartica.
- Agreement with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to sponsor and promote bio dermal innovation programmes.
- Start of works of the new innovation and eco-sustainable production centre in Cantabria.
- Birth of Cantabria Labs Mexico to increase presence in the American market.
- Creation of Cantabria Labs China, strategic market for growth in healthcare.
- Alliance between Capsa Food and Cantabria Labs Nutrición Médica to launch clinical nutrition formulas.
- Agreement with Stangest to enter the pet care market. >> View more
- Award to Cantabria Labs for over 25 years working in dermatology presented by the AEDV.
- Adoption of a new corporate identity: Cantabria Labs. >> View more
- Appointment of Susana Rodríguez as new CEO of Cantabria Labs and Juan Matji as President of the Board of Directors. >> View more
- La Concha: 100 Best Ideas of Actualidad Económica Award.
- Cantabria Labs acquires the ELANCYL body care brand from Pierre Fabre. >> View more
- Cantabria Labs Starts Making Hand Sanitiser for Health Personnel >> View more
- Cantabria Labs collaborates in the Covid-19 research project of Alcalá University >> View more